Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Camper!

We took Katie camping this past weekend. It was really fun. She did really well and had a good time. She really can't tolerate the heat, so she was naked most of the time. It was fun to see some of Brady's family and spend time with them. On the way home last night, we were driving through from Preston to Downey to get on I-15. We were just talking and all of a sudden Brady braked really hard because he saw a deer in the road. It wasn't just any deer. It was a HUGE buck. We watched him cross the road and go off into the sagebrush on the other side and kept going. Brady told me that about a minute before we saw him he had a thought to turn on his brights because he knew there were a lot of deer through there. He also had an impression to look for little flickering eyes so he would see one. About a minute later he spotted that deer and we didn't hit it and were fine. He told me it is interesting how the Holy Ghost works. I am so thankful for the spirit and for the protection it gave us last night. I know it might have just been a fender bender, but it also could have been a lot worse, too. We don't know. I am also thankful for a husband who is in tune to the spirit and recognizes a prompting and listens to it. I know this wasn't a mind-blowing incident of the Spirit at work, but it reaffirmed my testimony that Heavenly Father loves us and watches out for us and that if we listen to the Spirit, we will be taken care of.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I am also thankful for the spirit and that your hubby is so in tune. Glad that you are all safe and that you had a good time. Love you guys...

Amanda said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip and avoided munching your car! I can't wait for Friday and our date with Edward! :0)

Meggan said...

I can't wait for Friday, either! It will be so awesome!
Love ya!

Laura Davies said...

What is Friday? Glad all is well meg!!

Meggan said...

Friday is the night that we go to the midnight release party to get our new book, Breaking Dawn! Woo hoo!

Camille said...

My husband would assume that Heavenly Father wanted to help him with hunting this year & is showing him where the big bucks are!
The picture of you in your sidebar is beautiful.
Have fun reading....