Sunday, October 12, 2008

Not a good day to have teeth...and some random tidbits

It is not a good day to have teeth around our house. Brady got one of his wisdom teeth pulled on Thursday. It took the dentist over an hour to get the one tooth out. While he was doing it, his tool slipped and he sliced the back of Brady's throat and had to stitch it up! Whoops! It looks really bad and is hurting him a lot. Today we are pretty sure that it has a dry socket in it. He is in a lot of pain. I have not been impressed with this dentist up until now, and this just cements it. Hopefully he can get in tomorrow and have someone look at it, since the on-call dentist told him to take ibuprofen and call in the morning. (What is an on-call dentist for then? I could have told him that!!)

Also, Katie is cutting two teeth. She has two tiny little teeth peeking through on the bottom. She has been a little cranky bum and won't eat very well or nap much. I finally rubbed some Orajel on them and she got some relief. I am excited to have them come through so she can feel better.

These are my two sickies, comiserating over a Dallas Cowboys game and trying to get some rest! All in all, we could do without the teeth today!
Katie enjoying some green beans in her high chair. She looks so tiny in it!

What the SNOW?? She got teeth and snow for her six-month birthday. Who could ask for anything more?!

3 comments:

bryan and megan said...

Oakleigh is cutting her two bottom teeth also. Her first one started popping through and I didn't even know it, she wasn't cranky or anything. But this second one has been a bugger. She has been cranky, runny nose, all that fun stuff. I didn't even think to get that orajel stuff. I will have to try that. Is that effecting her sleep?

I hope Brady and Katie are feeling better soon.

Melissa said...

I am sorry about all of the tooth drama!
They sell homeopathic teething pills that REALLY helped my kids. You can find them by the kids pain reliever at the store. They are all natural and dissolve in their mouths.
I can't believe you have snow already!!!

Amanda said...

She is such a doll! (and Brady too) :0) Sorry about all the tooth issues you're dealing with...hope they both feel better soon.