Friday, January 23, 2009

Gratitude

I have been feeling very grateful lately. It has been on my mind a lot that we are really very blessed. I was listening to Good Morning America this morning while I was in my big chair reading and watching Katie play with her little kitchen set. It was 8:30am and I was still in my pj's and not feeling too bad about it, either. I was hearing them talk about childcare costs and how people are struggling with that more than ever right now and it struck me how blessed we are. I get to stay home with my sweet baby every day and just enjoy her. I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, a home to live in, a reliable vehicle, food, clothes, the best family anyone could ever want, and I get to buy a new purse now and then when I have some extra dollars. I belong to a church full of wonderful happiness and purpose alongside some of the most awesome people ever. I cannot believe how blessed I am. I am overwhelmed by the feeling that I have this abundance of blessings in my life and that I have done absolutely nothing to deserve them. I guess that is my goal now. To try to deserve them.

3 comments:

{Alynn} said...

Thanks for the reminder! We really do have so much! I was looking at the pictures of Katie in your last post, she's growing so fast -- and she looks so much like her daddy now! What a little cutie!

My old blog disappeared (it's a long story...) but I started a new one! Come check it out!

Brittany H said...

I totally agree with you. After reading your post I have been noticing all the things that I should be grateful for!
Also, thanks for your suggestion on getting Jefferson to sleep. I agree with you - I would never give medicine for sleep! A pharmacist told me one time that Benadryl really ups the chances of SIDS. I'd rather be up with a crying baby than take that chance! Hey since your the expert now, want to come visit and put Jefferson on a good sleeping schedule for me?!?!?!?

The Smeads said...

I have been dying to find your blog and I finally found it on my dads new lazy7d website. I too feel so grateful for the things we have. You guys look so great.