Monday, March 16, 2009

Still Here....

We are still here. I have been a slacker about my blog. We really don't get out much and there is not much news.

Brady's dad has gone downhill very quickly in the last couple of weeks. He has been in the hospital and they are sending him home today with Hospice care. He is so miserable, I just hope it doesn't get so prolonged that he has to live like this for a long time.

Kate is getting big and into everything. She has 8 teeth now. It was so funny, she just got them all at once. She is sure wanting to stand up. It is funny to watch her try to figure out how to stand without holding onto something. She usually ends up on her butt, but I imagine she will figure it out before too long.

We are looking forward to spring and some nicer weather. Kate's birthday is on Easter this year, so that will be fun (at least for me!!) Our snow is almost gone and it has been raining. I feel spring in the air! Yeah!

We are looking forward to a couple of trips this summer and fall. My old work gave us a travel gift certificate for my five years of work there. When we got it I was hugely pregnant so we hadn't used it yet. We booked a couple of three day trips and we are really excited about it. We would never have gotten to go if we had had to pay for it ourselves! Brady said I could buy a new camera to take, so I am hoping for some fun pictures to share!

5 comments:

Amy said...

So stinking cute it isn't even funny. It's been sooooo long since I have seen you guys. Sorry to hear about Wayne, you are all in our prayers. Thanks for the update!

The Smeads said...

She is so cute! I love that little dress. Have fun on your trips!

Jennalee :) said...

so big!!! oh katie!! she's a doll...sure hope things get better for your father-in-law, sorry to hear about it. we'll have to talk sometime soon.

Beck said...

Thanks for finally updating! Love the pictures, her dress is so cute!! We should have girls night next time I am in town.

derrickandlisadye said...

So cute! I love her dress. Where are you going on your trips? I hope you have tons of fun!!!