Thursday, July 1, 2010

Caleb Brady


On Tuesday night I started hemmoraghing at 10:45. We rushed to the hospital and had an emergency c-section. Caleb was born 45 minutes after I started bleeding at 11:29 pm. He weighed in at 6lbs 3oz and he was 18 1/2 long. He only had to be in the NICU for 12 hours and was given a clean bill of health. He is eating like a champ and is just gorgeous. I think he looks like Jake. We are so thankful for our doctors and nurses who worked so fast and hard to take care of us. We were in a lot of danger while they were working to get him out. Since I had eaten not long before the c-section we just had a spinal block. I threw up the entire time they were working on me. Dr. Hall asked me if I could, "Try to stop barfing so he could put my guts back in." In the end, all of my guts got put back in and I got all stapled up. I am feeling fairly well now and I am ready to go home with my new little man.

3 comments:

Brittany H said...

I'm so glad that everything turned out okay and that you are both safe and well. You weren't supposed to do it emergency style, remember? :) I'm so relieved you are both okay. We've been praying for you everyday.

Radfords said...

Im so glad to hear everything is safe and your littel boy is darling! Congrats again Meggan!

{Alynn} said...

He is so precious! Congratulations! He made quite the dramatic entrance, I'm so glad a) baby's ok b) you're ok, and c) you're guts are ok!