Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tender Mercies

We were very blessed in the days leading up to Caleb being born. The Saturday before we had him my mom and sisters held a baby shower for us. We were given lots of fun gifts, and all of them were things we needed. The next day, on Sunday, I woke up and had a strong feeling that I needed to get all of my laundry done that day. I never do housework on Sunday, but I knew that I was being prompted, so I did it. On Monday I got some things from Amanda that I needed and bought the last few things I needed for him at Wal-Mart. That night I cut Brady's hair and got my hair cut the next night. All of these things were done because I felt an urgent prompting to do them. We had Caleb on Tuesday night at 11:29pm. It was so nice to come home after being in the hospital with a new baby being fully prepared. I didn't even have to worry about getting anyone's hair cut. I recognize that I was prompted to do all of these things. Had they gone undone it wouldn't have been the end of the world. It really wouldn't have mattered much at all. They were all things that could have been done after the baby was born. However, I am so thankful that Heavenly Father knew that I would feel more peace of mind with those things taken care of. It was truly a tender mercy that he extended to us so that we wouldn't have anything to worry about besides taking care of our new baby. It was his way of showing us he loves us and wants us to be happy. I am very thankful for a loving Father in Heaven who takes care of us.

2 comments:

Brittany H said...

Amen! Over the past few months we've really learned that Heavenly Father doesn't always stop difficult things from happening, but He certainly helps us along the way!

Meggan said...

That is exactly true. He just makes sure you can make it through.