Thursday, April 17, 2008

Introducing...

We are excited to introduce Katie Rae Bennett. She was born on April 12 at 5:28 pm. She was 7lbs 9oz and 20" long. We are so excited to have her here! The doctor broke my water at 8am and started me on Pitocin. That really got the contractions going. I got my epidural about an hour later. They had to try it twice. The first time hurt like you wouldn't believe and apparently that isn't supposed to happen! He tried it again and it was fine the second time. However, it did stop working on my right side by the time I was fully dilated. That was a treat. Katie was caught on my pelvis and her head got pretty banged up. I also got banged up and ended up with almost 30 stitches to prove it! All that aside, though, it went faster than I thought it would and we are home now. I actually feel better than I thought I would after all that. We think we will keep her.





6 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!
I am glad everything went well. I am REALLY sorry about the stitches and the epidural wearing off :o)
We can't wait to meet her!

Amy said...

She is a keeper!! Thanks again for letting me be a part of her big debut! She IS adorable! Love, her favorite Aunt Amy

Jennalee :) said...

hooray!! welcome Katie! i have been looking at your blog multiple times a day to hear how everything went. thank you for finally posting. haha i think she already looks like mommy! :) p.s. gotta love those donuts you get to sit on everywhere you go

Britnee said...

She's beautiful! I cried a little when I saw this! I'm so glad that everything went well. I need to get your address so I can send a gift. I know just the thing... Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! So sorry about the little surprises during delivery, hope you get up on your feet soon. Remember, you can't spoil a baby... just love her to pieces!

Camille said...

Yea! I hope you are getting lots of sleep (or at least some) & loving the newborn snuggling. There is nothing better. I hope you are starting to recover & putting your squeeze water bottle to good use. he he.