Monday, April 7, 2008

Update...

Well, we are now 9 days away from our due date. I will tell you, it totally sucks to be this pregnant. I never really appreciated how miserable it is. However, it is nice that the end is in sight now. It might have been easier to make it through these last weeks if I had been working and had something to keep my mind off of it, but that would probably have been hard, too. Oh well. Enough complaining from me. We are just so excited to have our baby here and to get on with things! Brady has been playing with our new camcorder to be sure he knows how to use it when the time comes.

We really enjoyed Conference this weekend. It is nice to lounge on the couch and hear the words of our leaders. I especially enjoyed hearing President Monson speak to us for the first time as our new prophet. It made me think of all the comments I have heard since President Hinkley passed away. Many people felt a lot of genuine sadness at his passing. I, however, was happy for him that he finally gets to rest and be with his family. I was blessed with a strengthening of my testimony of the continuity of the church and was reassured in my heart that we would always have a prophet of God on the earth. My testimony of the reality of life after death and the sealing power of the temple was also renewed because I know that it is real. I will admit, President Monson has always been my favorite Apostle, and I know he will continue to be a wonderful leader for us.

We got to spend Sunday with Brady's family and then my family. It is so nice to be able to see them all and enjoy their company. I love that our parents and all of our siblings (11 including us!) live within just a short drive of each other. It makes holidays and birthdays more fun because we can actually see everyone in the family!

I suppose we aren't that exciting and we don't have much to tell. I will be sure to post some pictures of the baby when she gets here. For now, I am sitting around and reading and watching movies and trying to be patient!

1 comment:

Jennalee :) said...

Aren't you just a cute lil' pregnant woman! haha That is always meant as a compliment, but I remember at the end it just made me mad to hear it. Wow, so close!!! She'll be here really soon, yay! GOod luck with everything, can't wait for you guys to join the Diaper Club. :)