Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Autumn


I love the fall! It is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love everything about it. I love the changing leaves and the bite in the air. There is nothing I love more than a sunny fall day and it is chilly outside. It just lifts my spirits. I loved going back to school as a kid. I love Haloween. I love the leaves changing. I love Thanksgiving. I love the anticipation of the first snow and Christmas! I love, love, love it. Since these are some of the many firsts for Kate, I am excited to dress her up for Haloween and to feed her turkey at Thanksgiving and to let her rip the paper on her Christmas presents. I feel more excited about things (if that is possible) this holiday season now that we have her. I thought I would share a picture of my favority holiday decoration - Pumpkins!!! My kitchen is decorated all in pumpkins now. I am actually going to be changing it soon, but the pumpkins will still come out every fall!

7 comments:

Laura Davies said...

I have to agree!! Autumn is my very favorite time of year!! It really does lift my spirit as well.

Amy said...

Way cute background and I agree with you and Laura... I LOVE fall! Alaska didn't really have "fall", so now I am even more grateful...

Laura Davies said...

I stole your idea on changing the background to a fall one. Hope you do not mind!! Love Ya

bryan and megan said...

I am with you!! This too, is my favorite time of the year. From now until about January. I LOVE it!! I love all of the decorating that I get to do for the changing holidays. I wanted to pull out my fall decorations but was wondering if it was to early. But now I am thinking not, so tomarrow, out they come!! Thanks for helping me get so excited!!

Amanda said...

I love it too...fall is definitely my favorite. And, I love the anticipation of the holidays. You'll have so much fun with Katie this year...kids make holidays that much more fun!

My Three Sons said...

This is the beginning of "THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR"...I actually get butterflies in my tummy when I think about how much fun will be had between now and Jan 1 !! I have to agree on the pumpkins, could there be a better squash :) Also, did you get that cool candle at Bath & Body? I want one!

Meggan said...

Nicole-You are so right. I feel exactly the same way. I did get my candle at Bath and Body...and the next day it was on sale and I could have saved $30 on it! Typical, but I love it!
Meg