Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day!

This weekend we stayed with Brady's parents. We had a nice time with them. Dixie and I made bread and donuts and they were yummy! It is always fun to spend time with them. They are wonderful in-laws to have. I can honestly say that I wouldn't change a thing about them. I have been very lucky in my in-laws! A couple of times I looked over at Wayne (my fil) and was just overwhelmed with sadness at the way he looks and feels. He has lost so much weight and looks so sick. He doesn't have much energy and doesn't eat much anymore. He can barely swallow one pill without getting it caught in the opening to his stomach where the tumor is growing. I don't think he has a lot more time left. It just breaks my heart to think of Dixie and Brady and all of them losing him. I am also sad that Katie won't get to know him. Please keep him and Dixie in your prayers. It is especially hard on her. I just hope and pray that he won't suffer.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Looks yummy! Glad that you had fun. Wayne and Dixie are constantly in our prayers, as is all your family. We love you all...

Amanda said...

Um, hello, did you make enough to share? Those are two of my all time favorites-homemade bread and donuts. :0)
It breaks my heart to hear about Wayne. He is such a sweet man. We will pray for him and the family.

Meggan said...

There is a loaf of bread in my freezer and a bag of donuts. Whoever gets here first can have them!

Laura Davies said...

Wait!! Amanda got an unfair start on the donuts:) They look so good!

Meggan said...

She hasn't gotten them yet. They are still here!